About Fringe Processor
The Fringe Processor is a software-tool for fringe evaluation and scientific image processing. It is used for education, research and development, in universities as well as in the industry.
- Software tool for scientific image processing and controlling of measurement systems.
- Mathematical operations on images (like an image calculator).
- Capture, filter, Fourier transform, display, analyze and visualize images.
- Processing of 8, 16, 32 bit integer, single and double precision floating point, complex, and RGB images.
- Windows 7/8/10, 32 and 64 bit as well as multi-core support.
- Measurement system control:
- Interferometry with Phase Shifting, Fourier Transform and Carrier Frequency Method,
- Correlation (Digital Speckle Photography).
- Hardware control:
- Support of many camera systems and frame grabbers,
- digital and analog I/O,
- Spatial Light Modulators (SLMs) etc.
- Extensible with custom image-processing algorithms, tools, and measurement system support via included software development kit (SDK) based on C++ and wxWidgets.
- Free evaluation version available.
The Fringe Processor is developed by BIAS - Bremer Institut fÃ¼r angewandte Strahltechnik GmbH, an institute for applied laser technology, located near to the University of Bremen in Germany.
While version 1.0 entered the market in 1994, due to the ongoing software development, the current version is the main tool for image processing inside BIAS and is used all over the world. Our customers are based in the USA, Europe and Russia up to Korea, Singapore and Japan.